The Benefits And Disadvantages of Renting A House Vs. Renting An Apartment In Westfield
You’ve established that you wish to rent in Westfield, but will you go with an apartment or house? Either option puts a roof over your head, but outside of that, they can differ quite dramatically. When selecting between renting a house vs. renting an apartment in Westfield, compare the advantages and drawbacks of each before you choose.
The Advantages And Drawbacks Of Renting A House In Westfield
Renting a house in Westfield is attractive to those who would like plenty of space and privacy. However, renting a house typically involves additional responsibilities.
- Ample living space: The bulk of houses are bigger than most apartments. If you are looking for a wealth of square footage for occupants, pets, or storage, a house will probably have the additional rooms you require.
- Plenty of room outside: In addition to more interior room, houses generally have exterior areas for exuberant kids or four-legged companions. Apartments have outdoor common areas, and maybe even a dog park, but usually not much private exterior areas.
- Additional privacy: Tired of hearing your neighbors? When you rent a house, you won’t share walls with other Residents which results in hearing each other.
- Higher costs: Because they’re bigger, it usually costs more to rent a house vs. an apartment in Westfield. Plus, utilities for a whole house are higher, and you might have to pay a company to mow if you’re unable to take care of it yourself.
- More maintenance responsibilities: Countless rental home contracts require you to help care for the property. If you don’t like yard work, renting a house may not work for you.
The Pros And Cons Of Renting An Apartment
Renting an apartment comes with a great number of life-enhancing benefits. Many Residents like the ease of renting an apartment if they aren’t in need of the additional square footage and privacy of a house.
- Less responsibility: When renting an apartment, a maintenance staff completes all upkeep and contracts a landscaping company to look after the grounds.
- Life-enhancing amenities: Most apartment communities have a range of features that improve your life, like a pool, health center, or sports court. It’s nice to have these extra benefits right on site with no additional cost.
- More units to pick from: If you want to rent, you’ll have less difficulty locating an apartment over a house. This is even more the case if you have to make a quick move.
- Less expensive: If you’re dealing with limited finances, there’s a greater probability that you’ll find an apartment in your price range. It’s also less expensive to heat and cool an apartment than a house, and you’ll never have other charges such as lawn maintenance.
- Less privacy: When living in an apartment, you have only a wall between you and neighboring Residents. If you prefer not to be disturbed by other folks living so closely, you might think again about choosing an apartment.
- Smaller living space: You can find spacious apartments in Westfield, but most apartments have smaller living areas and less storage than a house.
Get The Finest In Apartment Living At Wheelhouse Apartments on the Monon
If you want a place with all the perks of apartment living, speak with Wheelhouse. Our sizeable floor plans and first-class amenities will immediately make you feel right at home. Schedule a tour or place a call to 317-218-1627, and we’ll help you find the ideal apartment for you.