How To Welcome Green Apartment Living In Westfield
Playing your role for the environment need not be a large effort. Even when you live in an apartment, there are many things you can do to help protect our planet for the next generation. Basic duties like picking reusable items and conserving water can have an influence over time. If you're ready to embrace eco-friendly apartment living in Westfield, here are some basic steps to get you started.
Swap Your Single-Use Products With Durable Items
Avoid one-time plastic water bottles and single-use napkins for cleaning. Try adding long-lasting items to your routine. Here are a few straightforward swaps to think about.
- Water bottles: When utilizing amenities like a gym wouldn't it be better to bring along a durable reusable container instead of a flimsy disposable container? Avoid sending out plastic to dumps by using a water bottle you can refill.
- Kitchen dish towels and microfiber cleaners: End your dependency on paper towels and instead, use reusable dish towels or microfiber cloths to wipe down counters, cooktops, and other dirty surfaces.
- Refillable soap dispensers: Why toss your pre-filled soap dispenser in the trash when it's empty? Instead, use a enduring replenishable soap dispenser. You'll find them in a spectrum of styles to match your design taste.
- Silicone bags and straws: Washable and durable, you can uncover a range of silicone products like produce containers, straws, and even bags you can take to school or your job.
Go one step further and discover products such as soap dispensers and water bottles created with recycled materials. This not only reduces waste but also supports a more sustainable future.
Look To Preserving Water And Energy For A Eco-Friendly Apartment In Westfield
Have you ever neglected to turn off the water while brushing your teeth or washing dishes? You are not alone in this. Staying conscious of water usage is an superb tactic for a green home in Westfield. Following that same idea, be sure to switch off lights when leaving and power down your computer.
Here are a few extra suggestions for conserving energy:
- Take a look at your light bulbs and consider buying energy efficient alternatives.
- Reduce hot water usage by cutting down on hot showers and doing laundry in cold water instead.
- Avoid running your HVAC system at full blast. Take advantage of natural airflow when possible in the summertime and keep cozy blankets and sweaters handy in the colder months.
Maximize your recycling efforts in Westfield
Even if you adopt the habit of using a reusable water bottle, you may still encounter an infrequent plastic one in your Westfield apartment. Recycle the plastic bottle. Be sure to recycle everything you can, including toilet paper tubes, wine corks, and those cardboard boxes that arrive at your doorstep. Find out if your residential area has recyclable containers. If not, you can find them in the surrounding area, on your local school’s campus, or even through your workplace.
Go green at your new Westfield home.
If you're in search of a ideal location to put into action your green apartment living ideas, explore the excellent options at Wheelhouse Apartments on the Monon. Our Westfield apartments will elevate your lifestyle as you do your part to protect the planet. You'll enjoy the roomy units, exceptional perks, and attentive staff. Schedule a walk-through or simply call 317-218-1627 to speak with a representative of our team.