How To Create A Home Office In A Small Apartment In Westfield
Remote work is the new way of life for numerous employees, no matter if you occupy a multi-bedroom house or a single-bedroom apartment. If you inhabitate the latter, you won’t experience the advantage of an additional bedroom to claim as your home office, but you can still create a suitable place to work. Review these easy suggestions and learn how to make a home office in a small apartment in Westfield.
Small Apartment Home Office Ideas In Westfield
- Choose an appropriate desk. Choosing a desk of a proper size to fit your space is vital. If you use a laptop, a desk only needs to extend from the wall about 20 inches. Your work surface ought to be around 28 inches above the floor and can be any width that makes sense for your space. Ensure you have room for an additional monitor. You'll be happy you have it when you have PDFs up, a conference call going, and various other windows open. Really limited on square footage? Try a two-tier collapsible desk you can stow away when not in use.
- Where to place the desk? If you can tuck your desk neatly into a corner, great! But you might have to get more creative on placement. A slim desk may be placed right behind a sofa. You could integrate a small rug and table lamp to identify the location as your office. An open wall on one side of a room will also work nicely. Hang some art or incorporate a plant or two so you aren’t gazing at a blank wall for hours at a time.
- Let your desk do double duty. If you’re short on space, utilize your desk for more than one function. Put it adjacent to your bed to double as a nightstand. Or don’t worry about a desk at all and work from your kitchen bar or dining room table.
- Incorporate floating shelves. These home office add-ons work nicely when your desk sits against a wall. You’ll have extra area for decor or supplies and can easily match shelving to your room’s specific layout.
Want A Change Of Pace? Try Your Apartment’s Clubhouse Or A Standing Desk
Would you like an alternative in your own space? Implement a small standing desk to change your perspective and improve blood flow. An inexpensive adjustable laptop stand can help get your workstation at the appropriate height.
Here are a handful of extra space-saving ideas you can integrate into your small apartment home office in Westfield:
- Hanging folders
- Small printer stand that works nicely under the table
- Small storage units you can stick to the your monitor’s lower edge
- Noise-canceling headphones for loud roommates and children
Create Your Home Office In Your New Apartment At Wheelhouse Apartments on the Monon
Your home office will look great in your new apartment at Wheelhouse Apartments on the Monon. We have a range of floor plans to fit your needs for living and working. Arrange a tour of our Westfield property or reach out to us at 317-218-1627 if you want more information.